WCCS encourages students to reach their learning potential. Students who are gifted in various academic areas are challenged to develop their expertise in those areas; students needing support are given help and encouraged to hone their skills. At each grade level, we strive for academic excellence. Students are equipped to meet standard requirements in all subject areas and encouraged to do their best. Educators work hard to ensure that students will succeed now and in the future. We also offer smaller teacher to student ratio classes, tutoring, and pull-outs through our unique Individualized Learning Center.
- Curricula meet or exceed state standards
- WCCS students typically score at least one grade level higher on standardized tests
- Experienced, professional Christian educators who care
- Accelerated Reader is an extensive component utilized in 1st-8th grade
- Core subjects include Language Arts/English/Reading, History, Science, Math, and Bible
- Diverse teaching strategies
- Modern technology and effective traditional methods
- P.E. and competitive sports emphasizing focus, teamwork and healthy choices
- Choral music classes & annual musicals
- Wide variety of Jr. High electives
- Semester academic excellence awards
- Class-specific reward systems to encourage student momentum and initiative
- Relevant field trips enhance the learning experience and create lasting memories
West Covina Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.